The results are in! Join one of two interactive events (or both!) to kick start your 2017.
The first growing season for SPot Farm East is now complete and SPot Farm West has had a second season to build upon the findings of last year while tackling new challenges.
We will explore the data and findings which could benefit your business in 2017.
Delve into the data and discuss the implications for your farm!
This practical, farmer-led approach to putting research into practice is generating a great deal of useful information and giving growers the confidence to consider change. Many topics have been covered, with different programmes at each SPot Farm site:
Nitrogen application, common scab control, irrigation efficiency, bio-fumigation, PCN tolerance, seed physiology and seed rates, chitting, use of cover crops, optimising cultivations, the growing importance of sulphur, herbicide efficacy and precision agriculture through yield mapping.
• Keep up-to-speed with innovation & new developments
• See the findings of independent & rigorous trials put into practice
• Discuss how the latest techniques can be implemented on your own farm
• You’ve read this blog & want to see more
• Challenge the science & the experts involved in our recent research
• Network & debate with likeminded growers
• Get payback on R&D levy spend for your business
There will also be opportunity at this event to put forward suggestions for development of the SPot Farm programme.
SPot Farm West:
Thursday, 5 January, 2017 (9:00-15:30)
Kegworth Hotel & Conference Centre, Packington Hill, Kegworth, DE74 2DF
SPot Farm East:
Wednesday, 11 January, 2017 (9:00-15:30)
Rowley Mile Racecourse, Newmarket, Suffolk, CB8 0TF
Lunch and refreshments provided.
BASIS and NRoSO points available.